Gynaecology & Obstetrics
This department is specialized in antenatal care of expectant mothers, gynecological issues, problems associated with menarche and menopause, infertility, loop insertion and removal and so on.
The department offers comprehensive Gynaecology services to address the healthcare needs of women in their adolescence, through pregnancy to menopause and beyond. Well monitored state-of-the-art labour rooms with 24 hour Epidural and Anaesthetic services on par with world standards
Our Maternity section is family-oriented and encourages the participation of the husband and other family members. We consider both scientific and human factors to ensure a successful and gratifying experience and make ‘birth’ a celebration of life and love.
Apart from efficient management of routine gynaecological services, the hospital has established various sub-specialities such as Gynaec-Endoscopic Surgery as well as Gynaec Urology and Oncology services.
The Outpatient services include the following
- Pre-pregnancy Counseling
- Regular Antenatal Care and Postnatal Care
- Care of High-Risk Pregnancies
- Well Women Clinic for all age groups
- Breast Examination
- Pelvic Examination
- Screening for Genital Infections
- PAP Smear
- Ultrasound for Pelvis
- Ultrasound for Breasts
- Family Planning
- Contraceptive Advise
- Evaluation of Menstrual Irregularities and Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Treatment of Pre and Postmenopausal conditions ie- Hormonal Replacement Therapy and Prevention of Osteroporosis
Minor Surgical Procedures under local anaesthesia, Cauterization of Cervical Erosion, Genital Warts and many more.
The Physicians in this department provide care for women with
- Irregular vaginal bleeding
- Vaginal irritation and infections
- Strategies for midlife wellness including appropriate hormonal replacement therapies
- Urinary incontinence and uterine prolapse
- Well-women gynaecological visits
- Evaluation of sexual function
State-of-art surgical treatment includes
- Transcervical procedures to control uterine bleeding and remove uterine fibroids projecting into the uterine cavity as well as prolapsed of the uterus
- Advanced laparoscopic surgical procedures for adhesions, ovarian cysts and endometriosis
- Laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy
- Urinary procedures to treat incontinence including laparoscopic sling and vaginal suspension procedures